Dr. Tina M. Serafini, D.Sc.
Dr. Tina M. Serafini ~
• Kaplan University, School of General Education (June 2010- Present)
• Kaplan University, School of Information Systems & Technology (April 13, 2003- June 2010)
• Pennsylvania State University, DuBois Campus, School of Business & Information Technology/ Continuing Education Dept. (1999- 2003)
• Robert Morris University, Doctor of Science in Information Systems & Communications (2002)
• Robert Morris University, Masters of Science in Communications & Information Systems (1998)
• Indiana University of Pennsylvania, Bachelors of Science in Management Information Systems (1995)
During the past ten years at Kaplan University (KU), Dr. Serafini has developed the ability to assess complex situations, apply reasonable solutions, work on teams, lead university committees, and volunteer to do ‘whatever it takes’ to assist our students in receiving a quality education. Prior to KU, she taught various courses for four years at Pennsylvania State University, DuBois Campus in the School of Business & IT and Continuing Education Department and adult courses at a local vocational school.
In addition to Dr. Serafini’s educational background in multi-disciplinary programs, she also has over ten years experience in corporate business. Some of her strengths include: strategic planning, curriculum development, assessment of processes, and working with diverse opinions as a professional.
With over twenty-five years of service on community and statewide boards, she currently serves on the following statewide boards: the Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission, Consumer Advisory Board, the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection, Clean-up Standards Scientific Advisory Board, and she was appointed in 2012 as a Commissioner on the PA Commission for Women by Pennsylvania’s Governor, Tom Corbett.
Dr. Serafini is excited about the opportunity to present at the 2013 TCC Online Conference!
Presenter for the Following Session
- Using Xtranormal for Education to Engage Language Learners
This workshop will demonstrate Xtranormal for Education (www.xtranormal.com/edu), an application for creating custom animations, where teachers can set up online assignments for students, who will create animated clips that can be shared with the rest of the class.
Follow This PresenterLinkedIn