Take Your Classroom Global!
Recorded: Thursday, April 18th, 2013 @ 11:00 am - 11:40 am HST
Duration: 40 minutes
TakingITGlobal (TIG) is an online international charitable organization which serves youth worldwide through a multilingual online learning community (atwww.tigweb.org) and innovative education programs (through www.tiged.org). These education programs are framed by the three pillars of global citizenship, environmental stewardship, and student voice in education.
The purpose of this workshop is to provide an introduction to TIG and TIGed that will enable educators to effectively utilize the tools, resources and opportunities offered by these websites. Participants will learn about the tools and resources available for youth and for educators on TIG and TIGed through guided site tours and will learn how educators have used online tools for effective global learning initiatives, and global, collaborative project-based learning.
In this session, we will:
- Explore the importance of global awareness and citizenship;
- Browse the educational tools and resources available through TIG’s online learning community for young global leaders;
- Explore how you can benefit from TIGed’s community of globally minded teachers, resources, and virtual classroom spaces;
- Navigate through the available TIGed programs and initiatives;
- Explore how to integrate the study of global issues into the classroom through the use of virtual tools;
- Discuss the power of global collaboration and social networking in facilitating student-led learning and engagement;
- Build confidence in using online tools in our classrooms to facilitate engaging, interactive, global learning; and
- Discuss how to find the support that you need moving forward to take your classroom global.